This mountain bike skills clinic offers each participant the opportunity to experience world-class skills instruction. Its purpose is to enhance your biking skills in a comfortable and relaxed setting.
IS THIS CLINIC FOR YOU?
We welcome cyclists of all abilities. If you have a desire to have fun and enhance your technique, this clinic is absolutely for you. We've pinpointed trails in our clinic locations to easily accommodate the skill levels of everyone. You can expect to leave the clinic with the ability to confidently maneuver your bike through a variety of terrain. This is your unique chance to become a more confident mountain biker!
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Professional mountain bike skill instruction from PMBIA certified instructors
- JAMIS BICYCLES women's shirt, socks, and other goodies
- Stan's NoTubes sample sealants and women's shirts
- ESI grips and goodies from other retreat partners
WHAT TO BRING
- Functioning, modern mountain bike, newer than 2013 and a seat-dropper is preferred.
- Flat pedals are preferred. However, bring the pedals that you are used to riding with, clipless or flat! Just don't switch pedal type right before our clinic.
- A bike helmet is required! A modern or new helmet is preferred. Bike helmets become less effective over time.
- Cycling jersey or top – short sleeved jerseys are recommended (versus sleeveless) to protect your shoulders from trees and the sun.
- Cycling jacket – this can be a windbreaker or other warmer outerwear.
- Consider wearing a mountain bike specific short or "baggies". These shorts offer more protection than just a chamois pad.
- Synthetic socks for riding
- Full-finger cycling gloves
- Shoes – if you have mountain bike-specific shoes, please bring your pedals as well. If you do not have mountain bike shoes, a pair of running shoes work.
- Lunch, water bottle or hydration pack and snacks for the trail.
- Consider bringing basic bike tools if you have them - spare tube, tire levers and a multi-tool. If not, you can rely on the coaches!
If you have questions about what to bring, please email: Erica@WomenintheMountains.com